• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
Borno Gov Assures Safe Return Of 48 Abducted Schoolchildren

Borno Gov Assures Safe Return Of 48 Abducted Schoolchildren

May 20, 2026
Oyo Farmer Laments Abduction Of Four Children, Daughter-In-Law, Grandchild In School Attack

Oyo Farmer Laments Abduction Of Four Children, Daughter-In-Law, Grandchild In School Attack

May 20, 2026
DHQ: Troops Track Oyo Kidnappers Following Direct Contact

DHQ: Troops Track Oyo Kidnappers Following Direct Contact

May 20, 2026
Mother Demands Justice as  Learner Driver Kills Three Children In Rivers

Mother Demands Justice as Learner Driver Kills Three Children In Rivers

May 20, 2026
Oyo police arrested Suspected kidnapper  while collecting N10m ransom

School Abduction: Oyo Monarchs Seek Military Base To Curb Insecurity

May 20, 2026
Oyo police arrested Suspected kidnapper  while collecting N10m ransom

Oyo Fire Service Rescues 75-Year-Old Man From Well

May 20, 2026
Traditional Priest Invokes Yoruba Deities Over Oyo School Abduction

Traditional Priest Invokes Yoruba Deities Over Oyo School Abduction

May 20, 2026
Police Urge Nigerians to Report Officers Without Name Tags

Oyo School Kidnap: Police Intensify Rescue Mission As Tension Grips Ogbomoso

May 20, 2026
Sunday Igboho seeks approval for Iru Ekun security outfit amid Oyo kidnappings

Sunday Igboho seeks approval for Iru Ekun security outfit amid Oyo kidnappings

May 20, 2026
Bandits kill 11, including pregnant woman, security operative, in fresh Katsina attack

Bandits kill 11, including pregnant woman, security operative, in fresh Katsina attack

May 19, 2026
Okonkwo eager for first Super Eagles appearance

Okonkwo eager for first Super Eagles appearance

May 19, 2026
Police Urge Nigerians to Report Officers Without Name Tags

Police trace Oyo school abduction suspects through phone communications

May 19, 2026
Makinde says Oyo surveillance aircraft will begin operations in June

Makinde says Oyo surveillance aircraft will begin operations in June

May 19, 2026
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
DriveTv News
  • METRO
  • LATEST
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • DRIVETV YORUBA
  • SPORTS
No Result
View All Result
DriveTv News
No Result
View All Result
Home LATEST

Borno Gov Assures Safe Return Of 48 Abducted Schoolchildren

by admin
May 20, 2026
in LATEST, METRO, NEWS
0 0
0
Borno Gov Assures Safe Return Of 48 Abducted Schoolchildren
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, has reassured residents of Mussa community in Askira-Uba Local Government Area that authorities are making every effort to secure the release of 48 abducted schoolchildren taken by terrorists.

Zulum gave the assurance during a sympathy visit to Uba town, where he met with parents, traditional leaders, and residents affected by the abduction incident.

Speaking during the visit, the governor expressed deep concern over the attack and extended his condolences to the Emir of Uba, families of the victims, and members of the community.

He stated that the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces, and the Borno State Government were working together to ensure the safe rescue of the abducted children.

Zulum praised security agencies for their swift response to the incident and disclosed that top security officials, including military commanders and police authorities, had already been deployed to strengthen operations in the area.

According to him, efforts were also ongoing to reinforce security presence in Askira-Uba and neighbouring communities to prevent further attacks.

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, stressing that they were innocent minors who deserved care, protection, and access to education rather than violence and fear.

He also urged residents across the emirate and the state to continue praying for peace and the safe return of the victims, especially during the early days of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah.

The Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, revealed that the attack occurred on May 15, when gunmen invaded Mussa community and abducted 48 people. According to the monarch, the victims included 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students, and five other residents.

The traditional ruler commended Governor Zulum for his commitment to tackling insecurity and supporting communities affected by violence.

A representative of the Mussa community, Dr Chinapi Amanja, also appreciated the governor’s visit and acknowledged the deployment of additional security personnel to the area following the attack.

Tags: Askira-UbaBabagana ZulumBorno AbductionDrivetvnewsSchool kidnapping
ShareTweetPin
admin

admin

LATEST

Oyo Farmer Laments Abduction Of Four Children, Daughter-In-Law, Grandchild In School Attack

May 20, 2026
LATEST

DHQ: Troops Track Oyo Kidnappers Following Direct Contact

May 20, 2026
LATEST

Mother Demands Justice as Learner Driver Kills Three Children In Rivers

May 20, 2026
LATEST

School Abduction: Oyo Monarchs Seek Military Base To Curb Insecurity

May 20, 2026

Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LATEST
  • METRO
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • Uncategorized

Recent Comments

    About Us

    Welcome to DriveTv News, your No.1 news vehicle that drives you around with the latest and most comprehensive news and updates from across Nigeria. Our platform is dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and unbiased news, covering a wide range of topics, including politics, business, entertainment, sports, technology, and more.

    Newsletter

    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy

    Copyright © 2023. DriveTv News. All

    No Result
    View All Result
    • METRO
    • LATEST
    • NEWS
    • POLITICS
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • BUSINESS
    • DRIVETV YORUBA
    • SPORTS

    Copyright © 2023. DriveTv News. All

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In