• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
Trump Declares ‘Victory for All’ Amid Ongoing Israel-Iran Ceasefire

Trump Declares ‘Victory for All’ Amid Ongoing Israel-Iran Ceasefire

June 25, 2025
Oyo Forest Rangers Killed During Operation to Free Arrested Fulani Herders — Suspect Speaks

Police Ends Bandit Threat in Oyo, Two Dead

February 16, 2026
Amotekun Apprehends 95 Suspected Criminals in Ondo State

Amotekun Apprehends 95 Suspected Criminals in Ondo State

February 16, 2026
Four Abducted as Bandits Strike Kwara Community in Midnight Raid

Four Abducted as Bandits Strike Kwara Community in Midnight Raid

February 16, 2026
Jide Kosoko Betrayed Me, I’m Still Lagos Oloja-Elect — Prince Abiola Olojo-Kosoko

Jide Kosoko Betrayed Me, I’m Still Lagos Oloja-Elect — Prince Abiola Olojo-Kosoko

February 16, 2026
Catholic Priests in Taraba Raise Alarm Over Attacks, Call for Urgent Government Action

Catholic Priests in Taraba Raise Alarm Over Attacks, Call for Urgent Government Action

February 14, 2026
I Won’t Be Governor Without Wike’s Support – Fubara

I Won’t Be Governor Without Wike’s Support – Fubara

February 14, 2026
Kidnappers Abduct Police Officer, Four Others in Edo, Demand N100m Ransom

Edo Police Vow to Rescue Kidnapped Officer, Daughter, Others

February 14, 2026
Igboho Offers to Work with FG to Drive Terrorists Out of South-West

Igboho Offers to Work with FG to Drive Terrorists Out of South-West

February 14, 2026
Tension Rises in Kwara as Terror Threat Letter Sparks Panic in Three Communities

Tension Rises in Kwara as Terror Threat Letter Sparks Panic in Three Communities

February 14, 2026
Igboho Urges Nnamdi Kanu to Pursue Dialogue with Federal Government

Igboho Urges Nnamdi Kanu to Pursue Dialogue with Federal Government

February 13, 2026
We must not rest until we remove this Govt — El-Rufai tells Atiku

We must not rest until we remove this Govt — El-Rufai tells Atiku

February 13, 2026
Truck Crushes Car in Lagos, Killing Husband and Injuring Wife

Truck Crushes Car in Lagos, Killing Husband and Injuring Wife

February 13, 2026
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
DriveTv News
  • METRO
  • LATEST
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • BUSINESS
  • DRIVETV YORUBA
  • SPORTS
No Result
View All Result
DriveTv News
No Result
View All Result
Home ENTERTAINMENT

Trump Declares ‘Victory for All’ Amid Ongoing Israel-Iran Ceasefire

by admin
June 25, 2025
in ENTERTAINMENT, LATEST, NEWS
0 0
0
Trump Declares ‘Victory for All’ Amid Ongoing Israel-Iran Ceasefire
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

U.S. President Donald Trump has described the truce between Iran and Israel as a “win for everyone,” attributing the cessation of hostilities to American airstrikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities. The ceasefire follows nearly two weeks of heightened military confrontation between the two nations.

Speaking from The Hague during a NATO summit on Wednesday, Trump said his administration’s decision to join Israel in targeting Iranian nuclear infrastructure played a crucial role in halting the conflict. He claimed the airstrikes, which involved the use of powerful bunker-busting bombs, had a decisive impact. “It was complete destruction,” Trump asserted.

Although a preliminary report from the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) suggested that the damage to Iran’s nuclear capabilities might only delay its weapons program by a few months, Trump dismissed the findings as vague and unreliable. “The intelligence was not clear,” he said during a meeting with NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte. “What we did was severe. It was total obliteration.”

According to major U.S. media outlets citing anonymous officials, the DIA assessment found that much of Iran’s uranium stockpile remained intact and most of its centrifuges were not destroyed. One source noted that key materials were moved before the strikes occurred.

Nevertheless, Trump insisted that nuclear facilities at Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan had been effectively neutralized. He drew parallels to the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, saying those attacks ended World War II, just as the recent strikes ended the Iran-Israel conflict. “I don’t want to make that comparison lightly,” he added, “but it brought the war to a close.”

Asked whether Iran could rebuild its program, Trump was resolute: “Those facilities are buried deep underground. And now, they’re gone.”

Trump was accompanied in the Netherlands by Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, both of whom echoed his skepticism about the intelligence report. Hegseth described the DIA findings as “low-confidence” and “politically driven.”

The White House also rejected the assessment. Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said in a statement to CNN, “It’s clear what happens when you drop multiple 30,000-pound bombs precisely on target—complete destruction.”

Steve Witkoff, the U.S. Special Envoy to the Middle East, reinforced this position during a Fox News interview, saying most of Iran’s nuclear infrastructure was either severely damaged or destroyed. He predicted that any attempt by Iran to rebuild would take years. He also criticized the leak of the DIA report, calling it “a serious breach” that should be thoroughly investigated.

Meanwhile, Al Jazeera’s Shihab Rattansi reported from Washington, D.C., that a narrative battle appears to be unfolding. “There are individuals within the U.S. government who seem eager to undermine the official account of the airstrikes,” he said. The White House, he added, accused those leaking the DIA findings of trying to diminish the success of the mission and discredit the administration’s actions.

According to Rattansi, this moment marks the beginning of a broader struggle over how the post-strike narrative is shaped, and how it might influence Trump’s standing on both domestic and international fronts.

 

Tags: ceasefireDIA reportDonald TrumpDrivetvnewsintelligence leakIranIsraelMiddle East conflictNATO summitnuclear programUS airstrikes
ShareTweetPin
admin

admin

LATEST

Police Ends Bandit Threat in Oyo, Two Dead

February 16, 2026
LATEST

Amotekun Apprehends 95 Suspected Criminals in Ondo State

February 16, 2026
LATEST

Four Abducted as Bandits Strike Kwara Community in Midnight Raid

February 16, 2026
LATEST

Jide Kosoko Betrayed Me, I’m Still Lagos Oloja-Elect — Prince Abiola Olojo-Kosoko

February 16, 2026

Categories

  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • LATEST
  • METRO
  • NEWS
  • POLITICS
  • Uncategorized

Recent Comments

    About Us

    Welcome to DriveTv News, your No.1 news vehicle that drives you around with the latest and most comprehensive news and updates from across Nigeria. Our platform is dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and unbiased news, covering a wide range of topics, including politics, business, entertainment, sports, technology, and more.

    Newsletter

    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy

    Copyright © 2023. DriveTv News. All

    No Result
    View All Result
    • METRO
    • LATEST
    • NEWS
    • POLITICS
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • BUSINESS
    • DRIVETV YORUBA
    • SPORTS

    Copyright © 2023. DriveTv News. All

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In