A farmer identified as Micheal Ojo has expressed deep pain after four of his children, his daughter-in-law and infant grandchild were abducted during the recent attack on schools in Oyo State.
Speaking during an interview in the affected community, Ojo described how armed men invaded the area, attacked residents and forcefully took pupils and other victims into the forest.
The grieving father said he regretted sending the children to school on the day of the incident, explaining that they had initially asked to stay at home.
“On Friday morning, my children said they did not want to go to school, but I insisted because they were expected to close early. I now wish I had allowed them to remain at home,” he said.
According to him, six members of his family are currently in captivity. He explained that his son’s wife was carrying a baby on her back when she was taken away alongside the children.
The woman was later seen in a viral video pleading with the kidnappers while holding the infant.
Recounting the attack, Ojo said he was resting at home around 9am when he noticed unfamiliar men moving around the community. Unknown to him, the attackers had already struck another nearby settlement before arriving in Yawota.
He explained that the gunmen first stormed Esiele community, about four kilometres away, where they targeted schools before moving into Yawota. According to him, the attackers operated in groups and appeared to have carefully planned the operation before retreating into the forest reserve.
Ojo added that security operatives had reportedly traced the kidnappers’ location but were acting cautiously to avoid endangering the abducted children.
The incident has forced many residents to flee the area out of fear. Several homes in the communities have reportedly been abandoned following the attack.
Despite the situation, the farmer said he had nowhere else to go and remained hopeful that his family members would return safely.











