Nollywood filmmaker Kunle Afod has appealed to Nigerians and well-meaning individuals to support veteran actor Opebe, who is currently battling an undisclosed illness.
Afod made the appeal on Friday during a visit to the actor’s residence in Ibadan, Oyo State.
In a video shared on his Instagram page, the filmmaker called for assistance, saying Opebe’s health had deteriorated and that the veteran actor needed urgent support.
Afod said the industry had come together to seek help for one of its elders, urging Nigerians to assist with medical care or direct the family to a facility where he could receive appropriate treatment.
Speaking about his condition, Opebe revealed that he had been away from acting because of his health problems.
The veteran actor said he had undergone several medical tests at different hospitals but doctors had not been able to identify a specific illness.
According to him, medical examinations only revealed that he had a low blood level, after which he received four pints of blood.
Opebe said he had been dealing with the health challenge since last year and had visited several hospitals in search of answers.
He explained that despite the tests and treatments he had received, his condition had continued to worsen.
Afod subsequently appealed to Nigerians to come to the actor’s aid and help him access the necessary medical attention.
The filmmaker also asked anyone with information about where Opebe could receive appropriate treatment, or anyone willing to provide financial or other assistance, to step forward.












